Oncology (cancer) is recognized as one of six core competencies at Far Eastern Memorial Hospital (FEMH). In October 2014, FEMH established the first Cancer Center in New Taipei City. We take a multidisciplinary approach to cancer diagnosis and treatment. Leading by Hematology and Oncology, a team of Surgical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Medical Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, and Oncology Nursing collaboratively delivers cancer care to our patients. In addition, we focus especially on clinical researches and cancer treatments. While advancing the surgical techniques and introducing newest treatment drugs, we have developed more effective chemotherapy with lower toxicity and new type of radiotherapy using state-of-the-art equipment. Our aim is to prolong a cancer patient’s life and improve patient’s quality of life.
- Cancer Integrated Clinic: We are devoted to providing the patient-centered healthcare by targeting different patients’ medical needs and offering essential services to our patients. Patients and their family members are able to discuss the treatment plan with our multidisciplinary team who will fight the cancer together.
- Outpatient Chemotherapy Center: We offer chemotherapy, molecular targeted therapy and immunotherapy. Patient can receive treatments in a spacious and sunny area.
- Hematology and Oncology Ward: We have built a holistic approach to provide comprehensive care by a team of oncologist, hematologist, oncology nursing case managers, pharmacist, dietitian, counseling psychologist and social worker.
- Cancer Resources Center: In order to provide patients and their family necessary support and help adjusting to life after cancer treatments, we provide information about various cancer treatments and health education. The supportive services regarding psychological consultation, social welfare, assistive devices, referral, and patient support group are also offered to patients and family members.
- Patient’s sheltered store “Happiness Store”: The Happiness Store provides greater opportunities for our cancer patients and survivors to restore their life and social ability.
- Patient support group “Sunny Club”: Sunny Club provides our patients with a network to share experiences, exchange medical information and give emotional support that patients may need during the treatment and survivorship.
- Outstanding award in colorectal cancer, breast cancer, oral cancer screening by Department of Health, New Taipei City Government, 2014.
- Cancer-care quality certification by Ministry of Health and Welfare, Taiwan, 2014.