(Dr. Yen-Ling Chiu, MD. PhD.)
亞東紀念醫院醫學研究部 主任 (2020.07-)
亞東紀念醫院共同研究室 主任 (2019.03-)
亞東紀念醫院健康管理中心 副主任 (2015.11-)
亞東醫院腎臟科 主治醫師 (2016.06-)
台大醫院腎臟科 兼任主治醫師 (2016.06-)
元智大學醫學研究所 副教授 (2019.03-)
台大醫學院臨床醫學研究所 兼任助理教授 (2017.02-)
亞東紀念醫院健康管理中心 副主任 (2015.11-)
元智大學生物與醫學資訊學程 合聘副教授 (2014.08-)
台大醫院 實習醫師 (1999.07-2001.06)
台大醫院優良內科 住院醫師 (2001.07-2004.06)
台大醫院腎臟科 總醫師 (2004.07-2006.06)
美國約翰霍浦金斯大學 病理免疫學研究員 (2013.06-2014.02)
美國Phi Beta Kappa榮譽學術學會會員 (2014-)
國立台灣大學醫學院醫學系 醫學系 (1995.09-2001.06)
美國約翰霍浦金斯大學 免疫學博士 (2008.08-2013.05)
Best research article award, Taiwan Society of Nephrology, 2020
Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, inducted by Johns Hopkins University, 2014
Annual Meeting Travel Award, American Association of Immunologists, 2012 and 2013
Young Investigator’s Award, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University SOM, 2011
Taiwan Merits Scholarship for overseas study, Ministry of Education, Taiwan, 2008
Best Academic Performance Award, National Taiwan University Hospital, Aug 2005
Best Medical Resident of the Year, National Taiwan University Hospital, July 2003
The ABMAC (American Bureau for Medical Advancement in China) foundation scholarship, June 2000
The Presidential Award for Medical Student, National Taiwan University, July 1999
I have a strong background in both clinical and basic medical research on human immune function and T cell therapy. Our group at FEMH and NTU has long-term research experience on systemic inflammation, atherosclerosis, and cardiovascular mortality in end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patients. My basic research at JHU focuses on the molecular regulation of T cell polyfunctionality and the results have been published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation and was featured on Nature Review immunology two times as well as F1000. We identified a novel mediator, Sprouty-2, in the induction of T cell dysfunction which works independently from PD-1. The study has strong implications for designing immunotherapy against chronic virus infection and cancer. My research topics start with clinical observations, patient samples and then molecular studies.
Currently my research and development interest has been shifting from not only individuals with chronic illness but also extending into healthy individuals and aging prevention. Active research topics include:
- Molecular regulation of virus-specific T cell polyfunctionality and T cell differentiation in chronic illnesses and cancer (科技部個人型計畫，科技部創新轉譯計畫)
- Using immunophenotyping for predicting cardiovascular disease in high-risk populations with a focus on aging-related immune changes (科技部多年期個人型計畫)
- Engineering tumor-infiltrating T cells for adoptive T cell therapy against renal cell carcinoma and nasopharyngeal carcinoma (科技部整合型計畫，亞東醫院創新計畫，產學合作)
- Developing a novel, comprehensive immune monitoring system for healthy longevity and aging (產學合作)
- Multi-platform establishment integrating cognitive function decline and neuroinflammation imaging for early detection of Alzheimer’s disease during health checkups (科技部精準健康數據平台計畫，亞東醫院創新計畫，科技部多年期個人型計畫，產學合
To accomplish these diverse projects, I have active collaboration with many physicians at FEMH, professor Jean-San Chia at the Graduate Institute of Immunology (NTU), professor Shuei-Liong Lin at the Graduate Institute of Physiology (NTU), professor Tien Hsu at National Central University (NCU), professor Yi-Fang Chuang at National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University (NYCU), professor Jonathan Schneck at Johns Hopkins University (JHU), professor Daniel Duoek at National Institute of Health of USA (NIH), and professor Michel Betjes at Erasmus Medical Center at Netherlands (EMC).
- Biomarker of neutrophil extracellular traps is associated with deep-seated infections and predicts mortality and cardiovascular morbidity in commensal streptococca bacteremia. Kuo YM, Lin YC, Lee MJ, Chen JW, Hsu CC, Huang TY, Chen JH, Tzeng SJ, Chiu YL, Wang SR, Chia JS, Hsieh SC, Jung CJ. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2022 May 2:S1684-1182(22)00063-9.
- Determination of Low Muscle Mass by Muscle Surface Index of the First Lumbar Vertebra Using Low-Dose Computed Tomography. Wang PH, Gow CH, Chiu YL, Li TC. J Clin Med. 2022 Apr 26;11(9):2429.
- Humoral antibody response to the first dose of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine in Asian patients undergoing hemodialysis. Tung KT, Peng YS, Hsu SP, Wu HY, Chiu YL, Yang JY, Pai MF, Shu KH, Pan SY, Lu HM, Lin WY, Liao CH, Chu FY, Tsai WC. Hemodial Int. 2022 Apr 11:10.1111/hdi.13011. doi: 10.1111/hdi.13011. Online ahead of print.
- Wnt Activation Promotes Memory T cell Polyfunctionality via Epigenetic Regulator PRMT1. Sung BY, Lin YH, Kong Q, Shah PD, Bieler JG, Palmer S, Weinhold KJ, Chang HR, Huang H, Avery R, Schneck JP, Chiu YL. J Clin Invest. 2022 Jan 18;132(2):e140508. （代表著作）
- Acute effects of dietary phosphorus intake on markers of mineral metabolism in hemodialysis patients: post hoc analysis of a randomized crossover trial. Tsai WC, Wu HY, Chiu YL, Yang JY, Pai MF, Wu YR, Lin WY, Hung KY, Chien KL, Hsu SP, Peng YS. Ren Fail. 2021 Dec;43(1):141-148.
- Transient Bacteremia Promotes Catheter-Related Central Venous Thrombosis through Neutrophil Extracellular Traps. Chen JW, Hsu CC, Su CC, Hsu RB, Chiu YL, Jung CJ, Chia JS. Thromb Haemost. 2021 Nov 12. doi: 10.1055/a-1695-8612. Online ahead of print.
- Health Data-Driven Machine Learning Algorithms Applied to Risk Indicators Assessment for Chronic Kidney Disease. Chiu YL, Jhou MJ, Lee TS, Lu CJ, Chen MS. Risk Manag Healthc Policy. 2021 Oct 27;14:4401-4412.
- PR-619, a General Inhibitor of Deubiquitylating Enzymes, Diminishes Cisplatin Resistance in Urothelial Carcinoma Cells through the Suppression of c-Myc: An In Vitro and In Vivo Study. Hsu FS, Lin WC, Kuo KL, Chiu YL, Hsu CH, Liao SM, Dong JR, Liu SH, Chang SC, Yang SP, Chen YT, Chang RJ, Huang KH. Int J Mol Sci. 2021 Oct 28;22(21):11706.
- Boiling for 15minutes improves nutrient profiles in fishes included in the diets of dialysis patients. Tsai WC, Chiu YL, Wu HY, Sun WH, Tai SJ, Luan CC, Peng YS, Hsu SP. Hemodial Int. 2021 Oct;25(4):541-547.
- Early phago-/endosomal escape of platinum drugs via ROS-responsive micelles for dual cancer chemo/immunotherapy. Shueng PW, Yu LY, Chiu HC, Chang HC, Chiu YL, Kuo TY, Yen YW, Lo CL. Biomaterials. 2021 Sep;276:121012
- Urban-Rural Differences in the Prevalence and Correlates of Mild Cognitive Impairment in Community-Dwelling Older Adults in Taiwan: the EMCIT study. Chuang YF, Liu YC, Tseng HY, Lin PX, Li CY, Shih MH, Lin KC, Yang TY, Yan SH, Chiu YL. J Formos Med Assoc. 2021 Sep;120(9):1749-1757. （代表著作）
- Alternative Complement Pathway Is Activated and Associated with Galactose-Deficient IgA1?Antibody in IgA Nephropathy Patients. Chiu YL, Lin WC, Shu KH, Fang YW, Chang FC, Chou YH, Wu CF, Chiang WC, Lin SL, Chen YM, Wu MS. Front Immunol. 2021 Jun 10;12:638309. （代表著作）
- Altered Monocytic Phenotypes are Associated with Uraemic Pruritus in Patients Receiving Haemodialysis. Ko MJ, Tsai WC, Peng YS, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Yang JY, Wu HY, Chiu YL. Acta Derm Venereol. 2021 Jun 22;101(6):00479.
- Kidney pericyte hypoxia-inducible factor regulates erythropoiesis but not kidney fibrosis. Pan SY, Tsai PZ, Chou YH, Chang YT, Chang FC, Chiu YL, Chiang WC, Hsu T, Chen YM, Chu TS, Lin SL. Kidney Int. 2021 Jun;99(6):1354-1368.
- Epigenetic modulation of immune synaptic-cytoskeletal networks potentiates γδ T cell-mediated cytotoxicity in lung cancer. Weng RR, Lu HH, Lin CT, Fan CC, Lin RS, Huang TC, Lin SY, Huang YJ, Juan YH, Wu YC, Hung ZC, Liu C, Lin XH, Hsieh WC, Chiu TY, Liao JC, Chiu YL, Chen SY, Yu CJ, Tsai HC. Nat Commun. 2021 Apr 12;12(1):2163.
- Preserved Specific Anti-Viral T-cell Response but Associated With Decreased Lupus Activity in SLE Patients With Cytomegalovirus Infection. Wu CS, Chyuan IT, Chiu YL, Chen WL, Shen CY, Hsu PN. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2020 Nov 1;59(11):3340-3349.
- Emergence of T cell immunosenescence in diabetic chronic kidney disease. Chiu YL, Tsai WC, Hung RW, Chen IY, Shu KH, Pan SY, Yang FJ, Ting TT, Jiang JY, Peng YS, Chuang YF. Immun Ageing. 2020 Oct 20;17:31. （代表著作）
- Rapid establishment of a COVID-19 biobank in NHRI by National Biobank Consortium of Taiwan. Huang SF, Chiu YL, Sytwu HK. et al. Biomed J. 2020 Aug;43(4):314-317.
- Plasma Leucine-Rich α-2-Glycoprotein 1 Predicts Cardiovascular Disease Risk in End-Stage Renal Disease. Yang FJ, Hsieh CY, Shu KH, Chen IY, Pan SY, Chuang YF, Chiu YL, Yang WS. Sci Rep. 2020 Apr 6;10(1):5988.
- Short-Term Effects of Very-Low-Phosphate and Low-Phosphate Diets on Fibroblast Growth Factor 23 in Hemodialysis Patients: A Randomized Crossover Trial. Tsai WC, Wu HY, Peng YS, Hsu SP, Chiu YL, Yang JY, Chen HY, Pai MF, Lin WY, Hung KY, Chu FY, Tsai SM, Chien KL. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2019 Oct;14(10):1475-1483.
- T-cell aging in end-stage renal disease: an evolving story with CMV. Yang TY, Chuang YF, Chiu YL. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2019 Aug;208(3-4):281-287. (Invited Review)（代表著作）
- Measurements of Obesity, Impaired Renal Function, and Albuminuria in Type 2 Diabetic Patients. Shu KH, Jiang JY, Chuang YF, Chen HF, Peng YS, Chiu YL. Acta Nephrologica. 2019 Jun;33(2):73-85.
- Cognitive Impairment in Patients with End-Stage Renal Disease: Accelerated Brain Aging? Chiu YL, Tsai HH, Lai YJ, Tseng HY, Wu YW, Peng YS, Chiu CM, Chuang YF. J Formos Med Assoc. 2019 May;118(5):867-875.
- The relationship of anti-phospholipase A2 receptor antibody and C5a complement with disease activity and short-term outcome in idiopathic membranous nephropathy. Chi JN, Lai TS, Wu CF, Fu TY, Chou YH, Chiu YL, Lin WC, Chiang WC, Chen YM, Wu MS. J Formos Med Assoc. 2019 May;118(5):898-906.
- A comprehensive characterization of aggravated aging-related changes in T lymphocytes and monocytes in end-stage renal disease: the iESRD study. Chiu YL, Shu KH, Yang FJ, Chou TY, Chen PM, Lay FY, Pan SY, Lin CJ, Litjens N, Betjes M, Bermudez S, Kao KC, Chia JS, Wang G, Peng YS, Chuang YF. Immun Ageing. 2018 Nov;15:27. （代表著作）
- Accuracy of a Nutrient Database in Estimating the Dietary Phosphorus-to-Protein Ratio and Using a Boiling Method in Low-Phosphate Hospital Diets. Tsai WC, Peng YS, Wu HY, Hsu SP, Chiu YL, Liu LC, Tsai SM, Chien KL. Sci Rep. 2018 Oct 15;8(1):15246.
- Anti-Cytomegalovirus IgG Antibody Titer is Positively Associated with Advanced T Cell Differentiation and Coronary Artery Disease in End-Stage Renal Disease. Yang FJ, Shu KH, Chen HY, Chen IY, Lay FY, Chuang YF, Wu CS, Tsai WC, Peng YS, Hsu SP, Chiang CK, Wang G, Chiu YL. Immun Ageing. 2018 May;15:15. （代表著作）
- Prognostic impact of pre-treatment neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio (NLR) in nasopharyngeal carcinoma: A retrospective study of 180 Taiwanese patients. Liao LJ, Hsu WL, Wang CT, Lo WC, Cheng PW, Shueng PW, Hsieh CH, Chiu YL, Lin YC. Clin Otolaryngol. 2018 Apr;43(2):463-469.
- Enrichment of Human CCR6+ Regulatory T Cells with Superior Suppressive Activity in Oral Cancer. Lee JJ, Kao KC, Chiu YL, Jung CJ, Liu CJ, Cheng SJ, Chang YL, Ko JY, Chia JS. J Immunol. 2017 Jul 15;199(2):467-476.
- Association of Intensive Blood Pressure Control and Kidney Disease Progression in Nondiabetic Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Tsai WC, Wu HY, Peng YS, Yang JY, Chen HY, Chiu YL, Hsu SP, Ko MJ, Pai MF, Tu YK, Hung KY, Chien KL. JAMA Intern Med. 2017 Jun 1;177(6):792-799.
- How does cytomegalovirus factor into diseases of aging and vaccine responses, and by what mechanisms? Aiello AE, Chiu YL, Frasca D. Geroscience. 2017 Jun;39(3):261-271. (Invited Review)（代表著作）
- Early initiation of immunosuppressive treatment in membranous nephropathy patients. Chan CK, Lai TS, Chen PM, Chou YH, Wu CF, Chiu YL, Chiang WC, Chen YM, Chu TS, Wu KD. J Formos Med Assoc. 2017 Apr;116(4):266-275.
- Restricted Use of Erythropoiesis-Stimulating Agent is Safe and Associated with Deferred Dialysis Initiation in Stage 5 Chronic Kidney Disease. Pan SY, Chiang WC, Chen PM, Liu HH, Chou YH, Lai TS, Lai CF, Chiu YL, Lin WY, Chen YM, Chu TS, Lin SL. Sci Rep. 2017 Mar 8;7:44013.
- Anti-CD20 therapy and pauci-immune crescentic glomerulonephritis. Shu KH, Chiang WC, Chiu YL. J Formos Med Assoc. 2017 Jan;116:215-216.
- Fifty shades of sleep problems in ESRD. Chiu YL. Acta Nephrologica. 2016 Oct 30(2): 68-69.
- Reappraisal of effects of serum chemerin and adiponectin levels and nutritional status on cardiovascular outcomes in prevalent hemodialysis patients. Chen HY, Chiu YL, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Yang JY, Wu HY, Peng YS. Sci Rep. 2016 Sep 26;6:34128.
- Comparing long-term outcomes between early and delayed initiation of peritoneal dialysis following catheter implantation. Pai MF, Yang JY, Chen HY, Hsu SP, Chiu YL, Wu HY, Tsai WC, Peng YS. Ren Fail. 2016 Jul;38(6):875-81.
- Relationship between Fetuin A, Vascular Calcification and Fracture Risk in Dialysis Patients. Chen HY, Chiu YL, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Yang JY, Peng YS. PLoS One. 2016 Jul 11;11(7):e0158789.
- Cytotoxic polyfunctionality maturation of cytomegalovirus-pp65-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell responses in older adults positively correlates with response size. Chiu YL, Lin CH, Sung BY, Chuang YF, Schneck JP, Kern F, Pawelec G, Wang GC. Sci Rep. 2016 Jan 18;6:19227. （代表著作）
- Excessive access cannulation site bleeding predicts long-term all-cause mortality in chronic hemodialysis patients. Tsai WC, Chen HY, Lin CL, Huang SC, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Peng YS, Chiu YL. Ther Apher Dial. 2015 Oct;19(5):486-90.
- Enrichment and expansion with nanoscale artificial antigen presenting cells for adoptive immunotherapy. Perica K, Bieler JG, Schutz C, Varela JC, Douglass J, Skora A, Chiu YL, Oelke M, Kinzler K, Zhou S, Vogelstein B, Schneck JP. ACS Nano. 2015 Jul 28;9(7):6861-71.
- Activated human valvular interstitial cells sustain IL-17 production to recruit neutrophils in infective endocarditis. Yen CY, Shun CT, Kuo YM, Jung CJ, Hsieh SC, Chiu YL, Chen JW, Hsu RB, Yang CJ, Chia JS. Infect Immun. 2015 Jun;83(6):2202-12.
- Triglyceride to high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ratio predicts cardiovascular outcomes in prevalent dialysis patients. Chen HY, Tsai WC, Chiu YL, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Yang JY, Peng YS. Medicine (Baltimore). 2015 Mar;94(10):e619.
- Dysregulation of the adaptive immune system in chronic kidney disease. Chiu YL. Acta Nephrologica. 2014 Dec;28(4):154-58. (Invited Review)（代表著作）
- Use of diuretics is associated with reduced risk of Alzheimer’s disease: the Cache County Study. Chuang YF, Breitner JC, Chiu YL, Khachaturian A, Hayden K, Corcoran C, Tschanz J, Norton M, Munger R, Welsh-Bohmer K, Zandi PP; For the Cache County Investigators. Neurobiol Aging. 2014 Nov;35(11):2429-35.
- Too much salt inflames our body: fact or artifact? Chiu YL, Chiang WC, Chen YM. J Formos Med Assoc. 2014 Oct;113(10):671-2.
- Visceral adiposity and risks of cardiovascular events and mortality in prevalent hemodialysis patients. Chen HY, Chiu YL, Chuang YF, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Yang JY, Peng YS. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2014 Oct;13(1):136.
- New Advances in CMV and immunosenescence. Sansoni P, Vescovini R, Fagnoni FF, Akbar A, Arens R, Chiu YL, Ci?in-?ain L, Dechanet-Merville J, Derhovanessian E, Ferrando-Martinez S, Franceschi C, Frasca D, Fulop T, Furman D, Gkrania-Klotsas E, Goodrum F, Grubeck-Loebenstein B, Hurme M, Kern F, Lilleri D, Lopez-Botet M, Maier AB, Marandu T, Marchant A, Mathei C, Moss P, Muntasell A, Remmerswaal EB, Riddell NE, Rothe K, Sauce D, Shin EC, Simanek AM, Smithey MJ, Soderberg-Naucler C, Solana R, Thomas PG, van Lier R, Pawelec G, Nikolich-Zugich J. J. Exp Gerontol. 2014 Jul;55:54-62.
- Increased blood loss from dialysis cannulation site is associated with anemia and arteriovenous graft use. Lin CL, Chen HY, Huang SC, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Peng YS, Chiu YL. Ther Apher Dial. 2014 Feb; 18(1):51-6.
- Sprouty-2 regulates HIV-specific T cell polyfunctionality. Chiu YL, Shan L, Huang H, Haupt C, Bessell C, Canaday DH, Zhang H, Ho YC, Powell JD, Oelke M, Margolick JB, Blankson JN, Griffin DE, Schneck JP. J Clin Invest. 2014 Jan;124(1):198-208. （代表著作）
- Nanoscale artifical antigen presenting cells for T cell immunotherapy. Perica K, De Leon Medero A, Durai M, Chiu YL, Bieler JG, Sibener L, Niemoller M, Assenmacher M, Richter A, Edidin M, Oelke M, Schneck J. Nanomedicine 2014 Jan;10(1):119-29.
- Uremic pruritus, dialysis adequacy and metabolic profiles in hemodialysis patients: a prospecitive 5-year cohort study. Ko MJ, Wu HY, Chen HY, Chiu YL, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Ju-Yehyang, Lai CF, Lu HM, Huang SC, Yang SY, Wen SY, Chiu HC, Hu FC, Peng YS, Jee SH. PLoS One. 2013 Aug;8(8):e71404.
- Low serum fetuin A and incident stroke in patients with maintenance hemodialysis. Chen HY, Chiu YL, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Yang JY, Peng YS. Eur J Clin Invest. 2013 Apr;43(4):387-96.
- Serum fetuin A and chimerin levels correlate with hepatic steatosis and regional adiposity in maintenance hemodialysis patients. Chen HY, Lin CC, Chiu YL, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Yang JY, Peng YS. PLoS One. 2012 Jul;7(7):e38415.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy for sleep disturbance decreases inflammatory cytokines and oxidative stress in hemodialysis patients. Chen HY, Cheng IC, Pan YJ, Chiu YL, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Yang JY, Peng YS, Tsai TJ, Wu KD. Kidney Int. 2011;80(4):415-22.
- HLA-Ig based artificial antigen presenting cells for efficient ex vivo expansion of human CTL, Chiu YL, Oelke M, Schneck JP. J Vis Exp, 2011 Apr;(50):e2801
- Nasal carriage of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus is associated with higher all-cause mortality in hemodialysis patients. Lai CF, Liao CH, Pai MF, Chu FY, Hsu SP, Chen HY, Yang JY, Chiu YL, Peng YS, Chang SC, Hung KY, Tsai TJ, Wu KD. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011 Jan;6(1):167-74.
- Elevated C-reactive protein level in hemodialysis patients with moderate/severe pruritus: a potential mediator of high overall mortality. Chen HY, Chiu YL, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Lai CF, Yang JY, Peng YS, Tsai TJ, Wu KD. QJM. 2010 Nov;103(11):837-46.
- Association of low serum fetuin A levels with poor arteriovenous access patency in patients undergoing maintenance hemodialysis. Chen HY, Chiu YL, Chuang YF, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Lai CF, Yang JY, Peng YS, Tsai TJ, Wu KD. Am J Kidney Dis. 2010 Oct;56(4):720-7.
- Decreased high-density lipoprotein cholesterol is associated with inflammation and insulin resistence in non-diabetic haemodialysis patients. Peng YS, Chiu YL, Chen HY, Yang JY, Lai CF, Hsu SP, Pai MF. Nephrology (Carlton). 2010 Oct;15(7):692-9.
- The aggressiveness of urinary tract urothelial carcinoma increases with the severity of chronic kidney disease. Hung PH, Shen CH, Chiu YL, Jong IC, Chiang PC, Lin CT, Hung KY, Tsai TJ. BJU Int. 2009 Nov;104(10):1471-4.
- Skin color is associated with insulin resistence in nondiabetic peritoneal dialysis patients. Chen HY, Kao TW, Chiu YL, Huang JW, Lai CF, Tsai TF, Chu TS, Wu KD. Perit Dial Int. 2009 Jul-Aug;29(4):458-64.
- Association of fetuin A with truncal obesity and dyslipidemia in non-diabetic hemodialysis patients. Chen HY, Chiu YL, Hsu SP, Pai MF, Lai CF, Peng YS, Kao TW, Hung KY, Tsai TJ, Wu KD. Eur J Endocrinol. 2009 May;160(5):777-83.
- Higher systemic inflammation is associated with poorer sleep quality in stable hemodialysis patients. Chiu YL, Chuang YF, Fang KC, Liu SK, Chen HY, Yang JY, Pai MF, Peng YS, Wu KD, Tsai TJ. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2009 Jan;24(1):247-51. （代表著作）
- Inflammation, high-sensitivity CRP and hepatitis is associated with severity of uremic pruritis. Chiu YL, Chen HY, Chuang YF, Hsu SP, Lai CF, Pai MF, Yang SY, Peng YS. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2008 Nov;23(11):3685-9.
- The relationship of p1 and Lewis antigen antigens with peritoneal dialysis-related Escherichia Coli peritonitis. Ting IW, Kao TW, Chiu YL, Lo SC, Hu FC, Wu KD. Perit Dial Int. 2008 Jun;28(S3):S172-8.
- Outcomes of stage 3-5 chronic kidney disease before end-stage renal disease at a single center in Taiwan. Chiu YL, Chien KL, Lin SL, Chen YM, Tsai TJ, Wu KD. Nephron Clin Pract. 2008;109(3):c109-18
- Effects of high and low-flux dialyzers on oxidative stress and insulin resistence. Chu PL, Chiu YL, Lin JW, Chen SI, Wu KD. Blood Purif. 2008;26(2):213-20.
- Gass-forming splenic abscess due to Salmonella enterica serotype Enteritidis in a chronically hemodilyzed patient. Hung PH, Chiu YL, Hsueh PR. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2007 Jun;40(3):276-8.
- Poor renal outcome of anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA) negative pauci-immune glomerulonephritis in Taiwanese patients. Hung PH, Chiu YL*, Lin WC, Chiang WC, Chen YM, Lin SL, Wu KD, Tsai TJ. J Formos Med Assoc. 2006 Oct;105(10):804-12. (*: equal contribution as first author)
- Therapy for systemic lupus erythematosus related nephritis: an updated review. Chiu YL, Tsai TJ. Kidney and Dialysis (Chinese). 2006 Mar;34(2):55-61.
- Peritonitis caused by Aspergillus sydowii in a patient undergoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis. Chiu YL, Liaw SJ, Wu VC, Hsueh PR. J Infect. 2005 Oct;51(3):e159-61.
- CAPD-Related Peritonitis due to Salmonella enteritidis in a Patient With SLE. Chiu YL, Huang JW, Chu TS. Am J Kidney Dis. 2005 Aug;46(2):e21-3
- Recurrent peritonitis caused by Corynebacterium amycolatum in a patient underoing continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis. Chiu YL, Wu VC, Wun KD, Hsueh PR. Clin Nephrol. 2005 Mar;63(3):241-2.
Invited National and International Conference Speeckes
- PD-1-independent molecular regulation of human T cell polyfunctionality. Annual Meeting of Chinese Society of Immunology, Taipei, Taiwan, 2015
- Immunosenescence and cardiovascular health. Chiayi Christian Hospital International Symposium on Nephrology, Chiayi, Taiwan, 2016
- Renal failure as a model for accelerated immunosenescence. Sixth international conference of CMV and immunosenescence 2016, Touson, Arizona, USA.
- From T cell polyfunctionality to immunity Aging. 7th Cross-strait Immunology Symposium, Taipei, Taiwan, 2017
- Aggravated immunosenescence in ESRD patients correlates with cardiovascular diseases. 4th Severence Cardio-Cerebrovascular Research Cluster Annual International Symposium, Seoul, Korea, 2017
- Update on adoptive immunotherapy. 1th Taiwan Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer Annual Meeting, Taipei, Taiwan, 2018
- Rremature aging and T cell dysfunction in renal failure patients. Seventh international conference of CMV and immunosenescence. Mainz, Germany, 2018
- Chronic kidney disease and dialysis patient care in Taiwan. CKD Forum of Central America. Belize City, Belize, 2019
- EBV-specific T cell immunity in NPC and implications for adoptive immunotherapy. Tri-Society Head and Neck Oncology Meeting. Hong Kong, 2019
Representative Internaional Conference Oral Presentations
- Molecular Induction of human polyfunctional memory T cells by Wnt pathway activation. American Association of Immunologists (AAI) Annual Meeting 2014, oral presentation, Boston, MA, USA.
- Regulation of Terminally-differentiated T cells. Fourth international conference of CMV and immunosenescence 2013, invited oral presentation, Parma, Italy.
- SPRY2 and the MAPK/ERK pathway regulate polyfunctionality of human virus-specific T cells. American Association of Immunologists (AAI) Annual Meeting 2013, oral presentation and travel award, Honolulu, HI, USA.
- Molecular signatures of human memory T cells with different polyfunctionality in response to different antigen dose. American Association of Immunologists (AAI) Annual Meeting 2012, oral presentation and travel award, Boston, MA, USA.
- Handbook of Immunosenescence: Basic Understanding and Disease Mechanisms. Chapter: CMV infection and frailty: immunological consequences and disease pathogenesis. Wang GC, Chiu YL, Walston JD. Updated 2nd Edition 2017. ISBN:?978-3-319-64597-1.